Veja Recife Chromefree
- Panels made out of ChromeFree leather and suede
- Logo V made of rubber and rice waste (22%)
- Scratches in ChromeFree leather
- Tech inner lining (100% recycled polyester). Developed to acquire better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure
- Insole made of sugar cane (40%), organic cotton (12%), amazonian rubber (11%), & recycled E.V.A.* (11%)
- Vulcanized outsole made of rice waste (23%), amazonian rubber (19% ), recycled rubber (12%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
The ChromeFree leather is smooth and light. Coming from the farms located in the south of Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul), it undergoes an innovative tanning process where no chrome, heavy metals or dangerous acids are involved. By simplifying the tanning process, the use of chemicals and energy is limited, the use of water is reduced by about 40% and the use of salt by 80%. After tanning, the water is recyclable.
Suede is made from the underside of the leather that is brushed to make it softer and more flexible. It comes from the Rio Grande do Sul farms. It is tanned in Brazil, respecting the REACH norms. Very special attention is paid to the water usage during the tanning process. The suede is coated with water-repellent oils to protect the shoes from a light rain. It’s certified by the Leather Working Group (L.W.G) which promotes sustainable environmental practices of leather manufacturers.